8 Oversize Tops to Try the Latest Trend
Oversized shirts were the best thing as a kid. Easy to wear, comfortable and carefree, those oversize tops styled bike shorts and scrunchie were as lovely as the 90s. We have grown up now and learnt to size down our tees to a refined closet of perfectly fitting pieces. But the breakthrough at Balenciaga by Vetements designer Demna Vsalia accompanied by comfy oversized proportions and we are here changing our concept of the fit to favor giant oversize tops.
We have come up the street style way of sizing up to match the current trend. Pick beautifully crafted, structured silhouettes in big volumes but balanced in length. Consider trending styles like crisp shirts, cut-outs and tie-strap sleeves. Pair such pieces with voluminous pant, slim pant or fluid skirt to create a chic result. Here we present some good picks to get you started.
1. Toit Volant Poppy Top is a lightweight oversized blouse with modern design. Flared sleeves, plunge neckline, finished edges, straight hem and relaxed fit make this top perfect for a balanced top with voluminous width and abbreviated length.
2. Mango Oversized Sweater is a stand out piece with turtleneck design and wide sleeves. Crafted from comfortable fabric blend, this sweater in drapey silhouette best suits your oversize top needs.
3. COS A-line Top in loose fit is constructed out of soft cotton poplin and features split sides and oversize tie cuffs. ¾ sleeves, clean edges and deep v neckline complete the look of this voluminous top for any girl willing to try the latest trend.
4. Boden SuperSoft Oversized Tee comes in variety of colors and textures in loose fit and features batwing sleeves for a trendy look.
5. H&M Knit Sweater features mock turtleneck, wide sleeves and dropped shoulders for the perfect oversized pick that goes with any slim pant.
6. Tibi Cozy Pullover in crew neckline features cut out detail on the shoulder and long sleeves. Oversized top gets the perfect finish with ribbed hem, cuffs and neck.
7. R13 Nancy Oversized Sweater in stripes is a lightweight piece in slouched fit. Made from a soft blend of mohair, this sweater is the right pick to try the disproportionate trend.
8. MSGM Sweater Dress comes in a wrap style silhouette with off-shoulder design and a ribbed finish. Oversized sleeves and bended hem make it a must-have.